|Origin of life?||chance (1)||God/unspecified|
|Source of life?||the cosmos|
|Origin of genetic programs?||chance (1)||God/unspecified|
|Source of genetic programs?||the cosmos|
|Can mutation and natural selection produce microevolution?||yes (1)||maybe/yes||yes|
|Can mutation and natural selection produce sustained macroevolutionary progress?||no||only with HGT (3)|
|Can new genetic programs arrive suddenly?||no||?/?||yes|
|Has life inhabited Earth for more than three billion years?||yes||no/yes||yes|
|Did higher life forms descend from lower ones?||yes||no/maybe, but how?||yes with HGT (3)|
|Does apparent sustained macroevolutionary progress require ongoing miracles?||yes! (4)||yes/yes?||no. it's actually development (7)|
|What existed before the standard big bang? (5)||nothing||God||something|
|Was there life before the standard big bang? (5)||no||no||yes|
|What caused the material world to exist?||the big bang||God||science cannot answer (6)|
|What caused life to exist?||chance||God/unspecified|
|science has no answer (6)|
(1) The answering philosophy treats these two questions as the same question.|
(2) The origin of life and the origins of genetic programs are assumed events lacking direct supporting evidence and without logical grounding except for the standard big bang.
(3) HGT = Horizontal [or Lateral] Gene [or DNA or RNA] Transfer.
(4) The superastronomical unlikelihoods that darwinian evolution must overcome are effectively miracles.
(5) "The standard big bang" is thought to have happened only once ~13.8 billion years ago.
(6) "Some Things Are Simply Given" [pdf | docx | video] by Brig Klyce, v 106, "Advances in Genetics," Oct 2020.
(7) Evolution or Development?